Tuesday, April 24, 2012

National Grilled Cheese Day

April 12th, as some of you may, or may not know. Is the day of Grilled Cheese. Now when I think grilled cheese two flavors come to mind. The first is the horrors of plastic American singles slices on nutrition less white bread slices. This appalling tragedy seems to be a common placed food for American children, and truly I pity them and my past self. I remember going to expensive fancys venues as a little girl, and seeing my mother eating exquisite delicacies, and having a plate of badly baked fries and a this pathetic excuse for grilled cheese on my plate.

Later in life my family decided to get healthy. The only bread we bought was crunchy wheat bread that tasted like saw dust. This bread is NOT CONDUCTIVE TO GRILLED CHEESE. It should never be used for this purpose. My mother also was only buying provolone(ass) cheese and sawdust and ass should NOT be mixed.

There are good memories of grilled cheese, to counter the bad, fortunately. My work place 'The Natural Cafe' in mid college served delicious grilled cheese... or at least when I ordered them for myself they were delicious, topped with grilled onions and red bell peppers ^_^.

My creation for this holiday was surprisingly delicious as well! Taking a few slices of roasted garlic bread from Cosco, and a couple gobs of fresh Tillamock cheddar cheese from this very valley, and the right application of time on the forum grill, this grilled cheese sandwich was D-licious. The cheddar was cooked long enough to seep out the sides a bit and get crunchy. Perfect grilled cheese combo. A++

No comments:

Post a Comment